- 2012 (April) - 2014 (March)
- Ph.D student in Psychology at the Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Nagoya University, Japan
- Research Student. Graduate School of Environmental Study, Nagoya University
- Studies of Psychology (University of Freiburg, Germany)
- Studies of Computer Science (University of Freiburg, Germany)
Stereotypes, prejudice, implicit processes, explicit processes
- Discrimination in Japan: A comparison between explicit and implicit methods.
- Oral presentation Seel, M., & Karasawa, M.（2014）On the difficulty of replicating (one's) findings. The 55th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Social Psychology, Hokkaido University, Japan.[in English]
- Poster presentation Seel, M., & Karasawa, M.（2014）The Relationship between an Individual's Characteristics and Their Levels of Prejudice. The 78th Annual Convention of the Japanese Psychological Association, Doshisha University, Japan.[in English]
- Seel, M., & Karasawa, M. (2014).Prejudice in Japan: Comparing explicit and implicit methods. Presented at the 15th Annual Meeting of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology, Austin, Texas. February 13th to 15th, 2014.
- Seel, M., & Karasawa, M. (2013). Different groups, same levels of prejudice? - Assessing possible differences with direct and indirect measures. The 54th Annual Meeting of Japanese Society of Social Psychology, Okinawa International University, Japan.[in English]
- Seel, M., & Karasawa, M. (2013). Implicit and explicit prejudice OR: How to adapt the AMP to a Japanese population? Problems, results, and outlooks. Presented at the research meeting of graduate students in Yokkaichi, Japan.
- Seel, M., & Karasawa, M. (2013). Does it matter whom we encounter and how we measure? Presented at the collaborative research meeting between Kyoto University and Nagoya University in Nagoya, Japan.
- Seel, M. & Teige-Mocigemba, S. (2013).Prejudice in Japan: Comparing explicit and implicit methods. At the 14th Annual Meeting of the Sociaty for Personality and Social Psychology, New Orleans, Louisiana, January 17th to 19th, 2013. poster
- Seel, M., & Teige-Mocigemba, S. (2012). Assessing prejudice in Japan with explicit and implicit methods - introducing the Affect Misattribution Procedure in Japan. Presented at the collaborative research meeting of Professor Kusumi`s laboratory in Kyoto, Japan.
Awards and Grants
- Monbukagakusho scholarship